terms & conditions
South Haven Terms & Conditions
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means South Haven, 121 Mackays Road, Upper Kangaroo River and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 3pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 12pm on departure date unless otherwise agreed.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement.
• You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 5 days before arrival.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as follows:
KEYS will be located in the LOCKBOX under the light at the top of the stairs near the carport. The code will be sent to you in your check-in email. Please return the KEYS to the LOCKBOX when departing. Failure to return keys will incur a replacement fee of $50 payable from your bond.
• A deposit of up to 50% must be received within 2 days after the Booking is taken. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than 1 weeks prior to your arrival.
• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian Dollars net of any bank or other transaction charges.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking may be cancelled.
• We accept payment by the following methods:
Direct deposit into our bank account, bank cheque or money order.
• Our bank details will be advised to you.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact Management immediately on 0421 663 808 or email@example.com .
• A Cancellation Fee of $100 may apply to all cancellations. This will be deducted from your deposit held and the balance refunded in full if the property is rebooked.
• If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking you will be refunded the whole amount less the Cancellation Fee if cancelled more than 45 days prior to the Booking. If you cancel less than 45 days prior to the Booking you will be refunded 75% of your total Booking Fee.
• If Management is able to relet the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• We have a minimum nights stay policy of 2 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
6. SECURITY BOND
• A bond payment of $1000 is required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your Booking. It will be credited to your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged at cost against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, malicious, deliberate or negligent damage or excess cleaning requirements or extra guests beyond those declared.
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bath room on departure. Beach towels are included. Please leave towels hanging when you leave.
• No Pets are allowed at the Property.
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You become financially responsible for any and all damage, theft and loss to the property and its contents from the date and time you check in, to the date and time you check out. To avoid erroneous blame, you are required to immediately notify Management if anything is amiss when you arrive at the property. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests above the 10 allowed stay, extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish (more than the designated rubbish bins provided) etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond.
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived.
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to the LOCKBOX or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $50.
• Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the Property.
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.
I/We hereby acknowledge and agree that Management will not be held responsible nor liable for:
•Any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused whilst I/we are in occupancy of the Property due to my/our failure to comply with the Term and Conditions or House Rules;
•Any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused due to negligence on my/our /their part.
•Any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused as a result of insects or wildlife in or around the Property. All occupants are to take specific care at all times and requested not to approach any wildlife under any circumstances.
We thank you for your patronage and hope you enjoy your stay.