terms & conditions
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means South Haven, 121 Mackays Road, Upper Kangaroo River and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Owners” means the owners of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
• Please be advised that by paying the holding deposit for your accommodation you are accepting these Terms & Conditions.
3. CHECK IN / OUT
• Check-in time is not before 3.30pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 11am on departure date unless otherwise agreed.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as follows:
Keys will be located in the LOCKBOX and returned to the LOCKBOX when departing. Failure to return keys will incur a replacement fee of $50 deductible from your bond. The code will be sent to you in your check-in email after final payment is made.
• A deposit of 50% must be received within 2 days after the Booking is taken. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than 1 week prior to your arrival.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits to ensure your booking.
• We accept payment by Direct deposit into our bank account only.
• Our bank details will be advised to you.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact Karen immediately on 0421 663 808 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
• A Cancellation Fee of $50 may apply to all cancellations. This will be deducted from your deposit.
• If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking you will be refunded the whole amount less the Cancellation Fee if cancelled more than 30 days prior to the Booking. If you cancel less than 7 days prior to the Booking you will be refunded 75% of your total Booking Fee.
• If the Owners are able to re-let the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen bank account.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• We have a minimum nights stay policy of 2 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
Any unforeseen circumstances will be considered in any cancellation.
6. SECURITY BOND
• A bond payment of $1000 is required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your Booking. It will be returned to your bank account once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 days of receipt of your bank details.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by the Owners as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged at cost against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakages not reported, malicious, deliberate or negligent damage or excess cleaning requirements or extra guests beyond those declared.
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then the Owners will inform you immediately and will endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Parties and Functions are “strictly prohibited”.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund. Extra charges may be incurred for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
Pets are NOT permitted at our property. If you have a pet in the property that has not be authorized, you will forfeit your bond.
10. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Pool/spa towels are also included. Please leave all towels hanging on departure.
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from the Owners concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You become financially responsible for any and all damage, theft and loss to the property and its contents from the date and time you check in, to the date and time you check out. To avoid erroneous blame, you are required to immediately notify the Owners if anything is amiss when you arrive at the property. The Owners may recover from you the cost of any repair or replacement (at Owners' discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests above the 10 allowed stay, extra charges will apply and the agreement may be terminated without refund at the Owners’ discretion.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund.
• Before departure, all rubbish is to be put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided; any excess rubbish must be taken away by the guests staying either to the tip at Bendeela or home; crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. It is expected under the Terms & Conditions that the Property will be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, cleaning the BBQ, removal of excessive rubbish (more than fit in the designated rubbish bins provided) etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged
the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond.
• All furniture must not be moved and furnishings left in the position they were in when you arrived.
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to the LOCKBOX.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys.
• Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the Property.
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform the Owners at the earliest opportunity so they may have the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable working hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved promptly, must be notified in writing to the Owners prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of the Owners to rectify the problem or complaint and could reduce or eliminate any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since the Owners are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.
I/We hereby acknowledge and agree that the Owners will not be held responsible nor liable for:
•Any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused whilst I/we are in occupancy of the Property due to my/our failure to comply with the Term and Conditions or House Rules;
•Any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused due to negligence on my/our/their part.
•Any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused as a result of insects or wildlife in or around the Property. All occupants are to take specific care at all time and requested not to approach any wildlife under any circumstances.
We thank you for your patronage and hope you enjoy your stay.